Hello there. If you fancy yourself a No Words reader, and you've stumbled upon this post, you're probably asking yourself, "What's with all this copy? Has Ursell gone mental?"
Not exactly. You see, ye ol' Hype Machine has invited me to submit my favourite albums of this year, but in order to do so, I'll have to post my entries on this blog. This burdens me.
In making such a post, I must break the two unwritten No Words criteria:
1) Ursell must publish only three posts at a time. No more, no less.
2) Ursell mustn't publish any written content—hence the name—beyond song titles and such.
This means that I must, in part, knowingly crush the "mystique" and "enchantment" and "antiquity" surrounding my silly little web log. Such a shame!
Any ol' hoot, I figure it as good an excuse as any to make a "formal" post and thank you all for visiting. (Not that I get loads of traffic or anything like that, but thanks to my readership, a noble few.) It is possible that I'll one day change things up a bit around here and post more routinely. I may even do some interviews here and there if you happen to be so lucky.
Oh! So here's my silly lickle list! That's what all the fuss is about, after all!
Ursell's Top 10 Albums of 2008
1) James Blackshaw • "Litany of Echoes"
2) Toumani Diabate • "The Mande Variations"
3) Fleet Foxes • "Fleet Foxes"
4) Jonas Reinhardt • "Jonas Reinhardt"
5) Grouper • "Dragging a Dead Deer up a Hill"
6) The Tallest Man on Earth • "Shallow Grave"
7) This Is the Kit • "Krulle Bol"
8) Josephine Foster • "This Coming Gladness"
9) Horse Feathers • "Curs in the Weeds"
10) Max Richter • "24 Postcards in Full Colour"
Please oh please understand that these selections are relevant to this blog; they are not "comprehensive." This is a "folk" blog, after all. Isn't it?