Thursday, February 12, 2009

Every Song Has Been Reposted

A Revelry of Piety & Custom in Song: A No Words Compendium

Since I've already shattered my mystique with the last post, I figure I might as well squeeze in a few more unwritten-vow-breaking entries before I return things to normalcy 'round here. After all, it's only right that I get a word in here and there, innit?

I do apologize for teetering on dormancy over the past months. I feel terrible about it. REALLY I DO! To make it up to you, I've decided to re-upload every tune I've ever posted.

YOU'RE WELCOME, MY FLOWERS! LOVE LOVE YOU ALL! MWAH!

You see, I don't get too many emails regarding this particular blog, but when I do, it almost always involves some irate J-Nu fanatic ordering me to repost live tracks. Now then, if there's one thing I simply cannot have, it's some scabby lykke c-word with a list of demands bossing me about in my inbox. I will stand for it no longer.

SO HERE ARE YOUR WRETCHED REPOSTS, YOU LOT OF WRITHING CLOTS! OFF WITH YOU!

Only kidding, my pets, of course. As I was saying, you can now forage around this site and stream/leech whatever you like. These new links are intended to be permanent, so if you happen to be an artist, publisher, or label, and it is your wish that a particular track be removed, please be civil about it and contact me directly. No need to look up the hosting company and make a big fuss unless, of course, you're just up for being ornery. In any case, you do not want to tangle with me. I am 7 stone 10 pounds of pale fury. You've been warned. Weigh your options carefully.

In other news, I've compiled a wee compilation/playlist or whatever you wish to call it. It contains nearly every tune I've posted (minus the holiday-themed ones and repeat artists, which include the swarm of J-Nu live pieces). I've opted for the most pretentious name I could muster up: A Revelry of Piety & Custom in Song: A No Words Compendium. Got a nice cantankerous ring to it, no?

You can pick through the individual tracks below or download the lot of them in a zip. Enjoy!

UPDATE (16/5/13): Re-Up (ZIP)

1) The Song Swappers • "Abiyoyo"
2) Tenniscoats • "Baibaba Bimba"
3) This Is the Kit • "Two Wooden Spoons"
4) Beneath Fire & Smoke • "Songs From a Slipway"
5) Judy Henske • "Baltimore Oriole"
6) Fikret Kızılok • "Anadolu'yum"
7) Max Richter • "Cradle Song for A (Interstate B3)"
8) Joanna Newsom • "Ca' the Yowes to the Knowes (Live)"
9) Rakhel Hadass • "Sa'enu"
10) James Blackshaw • "White Goddess"
11) Shirley Collins • "The Cruel Mother"
12) Luz Morales • "Ang Gatas at ang Itlog"
13) The Pennywhistlers • "Kak pa Moryu"
14) Horse Feathers • "Curs in the Weeds"
15) Max Ochs • "In Christ, There Is No East Nor West"
16) Mary Lou Williams • "The Devil"



Love you,

Ursell

IncantationsTelegenicsChild Hymns

No Words on TwitterNo Words on TumblrContact Ursell